Wednesday, December 15, 2004

First Felting Experience

I had a great set of Before and After pics planned for this spot. I'm working on a knitted bag as a Christmas gift which I wanted to shrink slightly through felting/fulling. I bravely chucked it into the washing machine hoping it wouldn't shrink to the size of a postage stamp. The yarn isn't 100% wool so that shouldn't have been a problem...

Well, I pulled it out of the washer and nothing happened. Nothing had changed. Maybe the wash wasn't hot enough, maybe the yarn wasn't woolly enough, but the Before and After pics would be identical so you'll just have to wait until I finish it and I can post it in all its pink and loopy glory!

1 Comments:

Blogger acechick said...

ISN'T 100% wool or IS 100% wool.

It needs to be the latter!

6:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home