Sunday, December 12, 2004

Jam is good


piano detail
Originally uploaded by makeandboo.

Girl's Guide to Make and Boo A mate came over yesterday and we had our first ever jamming session: He on newly aquired shiny guitar and me on beloved digital piano. As we sat there, before we played a note, I suddenly got really nervous. What was I thinking? I'd never 'jammed' with someone else before, preferring to lock myself away to write songs - just me and my piano. Now I would have to show my un-rehearsed self to someone else. eugh.

It was actually fine and we both enjoyed ourselves. Just noodling with a few chord sequences turned out to be pretty cool and we were beaming at each other by the end.

If you want a chord sequence filled with longing, try Dmaj / / / Gmin/D then Bmin Gmin/Bflat.......mmm aching

I'm loving my new piano - a delicious Roland FP-2. Although it's got all the good things like weighted keys and touch sensitivity that makes it as close to a proper piano as you can get (while being portable), it's the silly extra sounds that get me.

I swear, next time I have a bout of PMS I'm going to sit down and play it with the Jazz Scat sound activated: It's hilarious! Press the keys lightly and a smooth-toned male voice sings "Doooo" press a little harder and he changes to "Waaah", and if you hit the key he scream "Bap!".... Hours of fun

1 Comments:

Anonymous takamine guitar said...

All I can say is WOW Boo!. The other half and I just got back from our friends house (well her friends house) and I needed a huge break. I am working on a project right now that is based on beginner guitar. I have literally been on-line for 2-3 hours doing research. Even though this post really isn’t on the same page as beginner guitar I am certainly glad I came across your blog. There are a ton of great view points on this blog. Well I think I can here the kids screaming in the background. I put you in my internet favorites and I will certainly come back and visit. If you want to take a peek at my site you can find me here at beginner guitar. I update my site very frequently. Again, great job blogging and I will be back again soon!

1:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home