Saturday, January 22, 2005

An odd pair


glittenpair
Originally uploaded by makeandboo.

Here are my two finished Glittens. Spot the difference? There are about 3 differences actually. The top one is the mutant - all fat thumbs, high crotches and irregular double moss stitch.

The bottom one is the perfectly fitting second one. Like I say, I'm probably not going to get a chance to re-knit the top one (Yarn Harlot would be disappointed in me, I'm sure!) but they'll keep me warm til spring.

I used Rowan R2 Fuzzi Felt and 4mm dpns. The pattern is available free from Redlipstick (www.redlipstick.net/knit/glitten.html) although there are similar patterns around - sometimes called Trigger Finger mittens. I had a ball each of the yellow and salmon (? freebies!) yarn, and I have loads of yarn left...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home