Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Varigation + Texture = ?


globalknit
Originally uploaded by makeandboo.

Flushed with Glitten success, I decided to make my first attempt at knitting a sock... I'm knitting with this varigated Global wool from Adrifil and 4mm dpns.

It's a lovely colour but is it really worth it? I mean, since I can't ever follow a pattern to the letter, I decided to take a standard sock pattern and add my own cuff detail and eyelet stitch pattern. This is a top down design and I'm quite pleased with the spirally purls on the cuff but the eyelets? Man, that was a mistake. They hardly show up and when they do, they LOOK like a mistake!

I've started this sock 3 times already so I'm wondering whether to do a sort of distressed ladder stitch.

Well if you can't beat 'em...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home