Thursday, February 10, 2005

first (ever) socks


firstsock
Originally uploaded by makeandboo.

I'm pleased to post my first socks. Not a easy trying to photograph them in a flattering way... I'll try again another day.

I'm very happy with them. I used just over 100g of Adrifil Global yarn which is mostly wool on 4mm dpns. I used this pattern: http://knitting.about.com/library/nthreesock.htm which is very easy to follow and (of course) felt the need to make my own details such as the spiral rib cuff and eyelet pattern. If I knit them again, I will make them longer - now I know how much yarn it takes - and I'd put the eyelets closer together so the pattern is more spirally...

My souvenir from Venice was some lovely stipey sock yarn. I'm going to try toe-up socks next so I don't need to worry about running out of wool. I'm also intrigued by the figure-of-8 cast on method so that's next!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice socks - where's the yarn from? have you seen the knitting exhibition at the Craft Council? Maybe we should arrange a westender snb visit.

See you Sunday

Anna
http://autoscopia.com/amelia

11:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that knitting is the new black.
These socks look just right for the wiveliscombe winter.
Is my pair (size 8) in the post?

The Godfather

1:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home